A measuring arm (FaroArm Fusion) has been newly endowed in our quality department. It’s aCMM (Coordinate-Measuring Machine) an high precision measuring instrument for the checking of the special shaped, mold stamped and also high complexity equipment.
Used to monitor alignment and calibration but also for the inspection and the creation of documentation in comparison with respect of CAD-files, the arm is able to realize three-dimensional measurement with a precision up to 36 micron. The function of auto-sleep, which is endowed the FaroArm, contribute to limit the consumption of electric energy in addition to a longer life of the instrument itself.
Summary of the main characteristic of the FaroArm Fusion:
- · Measurement without interruption thanks to the joints that allow a 360° rotation
- · Lightweight and the resistant building with composite material
- · With an internal counterbalance system to minimize wearying during the use
- · Multi-gauge compatible and with the possibility of using the Faro Laser ScanArm v3 detector
- · An integrated room temperature sensor for automatic compensation measure
The endowed software is made up of the Faro CAM2 Q application, which is able to offer an advanced integration with the CAD world, allowing to upload 3D models to compare on real-time with the point detected by the instrument.
Thanks to the integrated CAD format-translator TechSoft 3D it is possible to export the results in the most common format like STEP and IGES. Recently updated, the software CAM2 Q allows now the use of most of the functions directly through mouse commands leaving the operator free to concentrate on the detection of the measure of the part.